- Top Fic
- Random Fic
- Contact Us
|Anime [561, 24 Jan]||Anita Blake [646, 22 Jan]||BtVS/AtS Non-Crossover [1747, 23 Jan]|
|Cartoons [361, 22 Jan]||Charmed [268, 23 Jan]||Comics [155, 23 Jan]|
|CSI [193, 23 Jan]||DC Universe [582, 23 Jan]||Dr. Who/Torchwood [606, 24 Jan]|
|Firefly [350, 5 Dec]||Games [509, 24 Jan]||Harry Potter [2907, 23 Jan]|
|Highlander [415, 12 Jan]||Literature [1053, 24 Jan]||Lord of the Rings [440, 22 Jan]|
|Marvel Universe [858, 23 Jan]||Miscellaneous [271, 13 Jan]||Movies [1441, 24 Jan]|
|Multiple Crossings [1878, 24 Jan]||NCIS [313, 22 Jan]||Smallville [258, 22 Aug]|
|Star Trek [241, 20 Nov]||Star Wars [297, 13 Jan]||Stargate [1651, 24 Jan]|
|Supernatural [1543, 23 Jan]||Television [3155, 23 Jan]||Twilight [159, 21 Nov]|
Twisting the Hellmouth - Latest News
Thanks to the able assistance of our Admin/Coder Emeritus jrabbit (who came out of retirement to help us over this hurdle), the main site is now live and ready for your story posting/reading needs on our new server.
We are cautiously optimistic that everything is in working order BUT -- if you run into any problems on the site (main site or forums) over the next few days/weeks/months please let us know (using the comments link below or in the forums.) so we can attend to it.
Thanks for your patience as we deal with this issue. And thanks to all those who offered their time and advice.
Currently, the following things are known to not be working (and are being worked on).
(The complete list is in the forums)
- spell checking (opens a window - no text)
- sometimes you get a 404 error on any random page - reload it and it eventually works
- Whole Story - mobi is sending incorrect files (was fixed. broke again)
- Some blog links may be broken - please check yours!
If you are reading this message, you are seeing it on the new Twisting the Hellmouth Server.
The main server suffered a hardware failure.
In the interest of time, we are moving ahead with the move to the new server. Which will take several days to complete.
Until then, the new server is being made available in READ-ONLY mode.
However (!!!!!) this new server is under construction (We hadn't planned to move to it for several more weeks...)
A number of features are not completely working on the new server at the moment. Some/all/any stories may NOT be accessible. in the normal fashion. Some menu options may not be working. Email is not currently working.
Your patience while we fix things is appreciated.
YASMR (Yet Another Server Move Reschedule)
Twisting the Hellmouth - both the main site and forums - will be moving to a newer server in late January/early February.
The exact date will be posted here and in the forums when it is known.
Note: Click on the Comments link below to see the forum topic for additional details and discussion of what this means for YOU!
Just a friendly reminder that if TtH doesn't archive stories that cross with certain author's work, because said author has strictly forbidden it, please do not request challenges that cross with these fandoms. Challenges violating this rule will be deleted.
Game of Thrones falls under this umbrella. It might be a television show on HBO, but George R.R. Martin wrote it first and he doesn't approve of fanfiction. He's on that handy list provided in the Rules Section (reference Rule 3).
Below are the list of rules for posting challenges to TtH. They appear every time you click on the 'Add Challenge' button. Please read them before posting a challenge.
Rules for Challenges
1. This is a crossover site. Therefore, you must challenge respondents to write a crossover story between Buffy/Angel and some other fandom. Crossing Buffy with Angel does not count. Challenges purely for one fandom are not accepted here, but may be posted on our forums.
2. All challenges should have a proper title, just like stories. "Buffy/Stargate Challenge!" is not a proper title - make sure it's got a name that will make people a) stop and actually read it, and b) remember it so they can find it again to post a response.
3. We require the same standard of spelling and grammar for challenges that we do for stories. If you can't even manage to spell the names of characters right, the challenge will disappear rather quickly. Hint: press the "Check Spelling" button.
4. Challenges that just ask for a specific crossover, Halloween costume, reincarnation, real parent, or pairing with no other details are not permitted.
5. Read the rules for posting stories. Challenges to write stories that would not comply with these rules (e.g. A real-person fic) will be removed.
6. A good challenge should include a specific scenario / "plot bunny" but not completely prescribe the entire plot of the resulting story. Ask yourself whether it would be possible to write 2 stories with different plots both of which satisfy the challenge?
7. You may post length requirements, but be honest with yourself. If you're asking for a 50,000+ word story, you're not going to get it. Most of the people who respond to challenges are authors with regular stories, who aren't going to put off all their projects to do your story.
For those of you who are new to Twisting the Hellmouth every year a LiveJournal community that is affiliated with TtH, TwistedShorts, hosts a short story challenge. The challenge is to write 31 short stories (300 to 3,000 words in length) in 31 days. One story to be posted each day of the month.
Every year in the month of August most of the LiveJournal members cross post to TtH and that tends to overrun the Latest Page. The moderating team is contemplating implementing a rule in an attempt to curb that influx.
If a TtH member is participating in the Fic-A-Day challenge then all stories posted to TtH must be posted as a ficlet collection rather than as 31 standalone stories. The only exception to this rule would be if a writer is adding to an existing series.
If you would have an objection to this rule being implemented, or support it, now is the time to voice that opinion. Please see the comments link located below to join in the discussion.
It’s almost that time of year again. The International Day of Femslash is July 19th and this year we have a site challenge to coincide with this joyous occasion.
Stories for this challenge should be posted on July 19th, 2014, your local time.
The “2014 International Day of Femslash Crossover First Meeting Challenge” can be located here.
If you have any questions, or just wish to chat about it all day, the forum discussion can be located here.
Have you changed your primary email address since you signed up for an account? If so, please review your account settings and check we have the correct address - if in future, you forget your login name or password, you won't be able to regain access to your account unless the email address is still working.
Posted 13 May 13 • jrabbit
A challenge from micedden
The SVU crew find that Cleveland: Not that dull, after all. Mysterious abductions. Suspicious one-eyed men living with underage girls. Evil wizards. Xander annoys Stabler. Faith learns to waltz. X/F, maybe.
COMPLETE: An escaped Goa'uld, and rather sadistic Powers to Be, bring Xander out of the dubious security of his quaint little demon filled world, and into a not so quaint alien filled star system.
Willow walks at night through Harry's town thinking about her relationship with Kennedy. She meets Harry and Dudley arguing. Dementors attack. Willow testified at Harry's Hearing.
Xander's visit to the zoo ends in a different way.
When Teal'c makes a wish the ramifications are widespread, and lead to Xander and Faith joining the SGC. WARNING: This fic has MAJOR spoilers for season 9/10 of SG1.
Newbies to the Council don't quite know what to make of Xander Harris.
When Xander confronts Angel in season one, everything changes. In trying to keep Buffy away from Angel, he finds himself making an odd and illogical friendship he never expected. This story covers Buffy, seasons 1-3
Summary: In order to end the Necromonger threat Riddick must journey to the past where it all began. And gets some help along the way. WARNING SLASH Xander/Riddick. Now with Fanart.
Jack hates it when missions go wrong. Having a vampire with a couple of civvies show up after a wormhole/portal disaster is just the icing on the cake.
YAHF- Xander lost a bet with with Willow, where he had to dress up as a Jewish character for Halloween. Well, he stuck to the bet, and now, he must overcome the memories of a man who wanted only to protect his people, no matter the cost.
Information & Related Sites
TtH Information Pages:• Site Rules
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Beta Readers Wanted
• Resources for Authors
• Site Statistics
• RSS Feeds & Syndication
• Customising the Site
• List of donors
Related Sites:• TtH Forums
• Crossing Over Awards
• TtH Community Live Journal
• TtH Drabbles Live Journal
• Twisted Shorts Live Journal