- Top Fic
- Random Fic
- Contact Us
|Challenge Name||Xander in the Game|
|Challenge Type||Personal Challenge|
|Description||This challenge was inspired by 'Headhunters' where Xander and Cordelia fall into the Hellmouth and end up in the Gears of War universe.|
The premise of this challenge is that Xander falls into the Hellmouth at the end of season 1, but instead of ending up in Hell he ends up in a game universe, either as the main character or one of the secondary characters. He can either replace the character, or end up merged with the character. As an example, he could end up replacing the main character in one of the old King's Quest games, or he might get merged into the Hero in the game Fable. A possible reason for the merging would be that his body was somehow destroyed between dimensions, but his spirit ended up in the game universe and merged with someone who was seriously injured, giving them the ability to live. It is up to the author to decide whether Xander remembers his life in Sunnydale from the beginning or if he gradually remembers it in the course of the story, in a case such as the second option.
1. He eventually must return to Sunnydale. the length of time he is gone from the perspective of the Scoobies is up to the author, it may be that he falls in, and seconds later he jumps out, or he may end up coming out of the portal created by Acathla, however he needs to return no later than the end of season 2.
2. If he forgot his life in Sunnydale while being transported to another world, he needs to eventually get his memory back, before he returns to Sunnydale.
1. He doesn't have to fall in the Hellmouth alone, however this challenge is mostly focused on him, if someone is with him, what you do with that character is in the air.
2. Games based on movies/books are allowable (such as Star Wars), however I would rather the story be based in a universe where the movies/books are based on the game (such as Halo).
3. He may or may not recognize the universe he appears in, possibly having played the game in the past.
|Challenge Date||2 Nov 11|
|Last Updated||2 Nov 11|
No one has responded to this challenge.