- Top Fic
- Random Fic
- Contact Us
|Challenge Name||Life as a Builder - Builder-Verse Stories Wanted!|
|Challenge Type||Personal Challenge|
|Category||Miscellaneous > Surprise Crossover|
|Description||According the Lore: A Builder is a species and class of person whose very nature is that of creation, construction and building.|
According to the Series (http://www.tthfanfic.org/Series-2901): The Builders: Xander, Willow and Dawn are Builders.
The Multiverse is infinite, wild and awesome. Half the fun is getting there. And we know there is at least one set of X,W&D who are already Journeymen on their way toward Mastery, who had the experience of taking over their other selves for Halloween. I am not writing that story. We also know of the trio who were the ones who wore the costumes: I am writing that story.
But what if Xander and Willow shared their idea with Buffy? Or someone else? What if Xander and Willow started out as Masters with Dawn as their Journeyman (See KrisB's excellent review/discussion on 9Feb14 for the gist of the idea posed). Or, what if they were lowly apprentices and someone else had gone as a Master? What if only Xander or only Willow or Only Dawn was the Builder? Or What if the Builder was Harry Potter? Or a Charmed One?
1. The story must meet TtH standards and be a crossover.
2. The characters and story must follow the concepts of the Lore and (heh) Build upon them:
3. Those who write for this challenge will concede the "right" to borrow ideas and concepts (though not direct paragraphs and phrasing) for the purposes of broadening the horizon of the Builder-verses. Meaning, if an idea tickles someone, they can riff on it, but they must use their own take on the topic, which may also then be re-riffed by the originating author if it so suits them.
4. For the moment, the Builder-verses shall be distinct. Aside from the first two, no Builder written for this challenge shall crossover with another Builder written for this challenge, save they have the permissions/cooperation of the authors involved. Meaning: If you're gonna do it, coordinate your efforts please.
5. If you choose to do the challenge, but choose to write for another site, please post me! I want to read them! :)
Well, five seems a good set of rules and hopefully the parameters are both broad and specific enough to meet the standards of the site. Challenge set!
|Challenge Date||9 Feb 14|
|Last Updated||9 Feb 14|