Large PrintHandheldAudioRating
Twisting The Hellmouth Crossing Over Awards - Results
Rules for Challenges

Two for Tea

StoryReviewsStatisticsRelated StoriesTracking
Review of chapter "Two for Tea" from Valandar
Nicely done! But I must ask - did you use the term "clotted cream" instead of "whipped cream" to further emphasize the Britishisms? Because neither Willow nor Buffy would use it in any internal monologue, and in general stories taking place in the US tend to use US spellings and terminology. Kinda like UK / US Biscuit / Cookie.
Comments from author:
Clotted cream is different from whipped cream and served in tea shops. As an American when I go to tea (which I used to do more often) I call it clotted cream.
From Wikipedia:
Clotted cream is a thick yellow cream made by heating unpasteurized cow's milk and then leaving it in shallow pans for several hours. During this time, the cream content rises to the surface and forms clots.
Review By [Valandar] • Date [11 Aug 09] • Not Rated
StoryReviewsStatisticsRelated StoriesTracking