Review of chapter "I'll be (part 1)" from Kneazles
I hope you update soon, I really enjoy this story, and have read it several times, although this is the first I've actually got around to reviewing it. I like the fact that WIllow is all researchy about the vampires, and I do like that you've brought Oz into it.
Review By [Kneazles
] • Date [20 Apr 05] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "I'll be (part 1)" from Knight
can't wait for more,please update as soon as possible
Review By [Knight
] • Date [20 Jul 04] • Rating [10 out of 10]
Review of chapter "I'll be (part 1)" from Trace
Ye gods. I cannot believe you left it there. *whimper* I swear, every time I find a story worth reading, it's all with the not-finished. *pout*
Seriously, I love the story thus far. Though, if you don't update soon, I may be a bit miffed. Writing faster is always good. Feed me! I need more!
Comments from author:
I plan to update in 4-5 days. Don't worry. The fic is not abandoned. Thanks for the comment.
Review By [Trace
] • Date [13 Jun 04] • Rating [8 out of 10]
Review of chapter "I'll be (part 1)" from LisaZ
Now this is good. I love the way you have the three different things crossed over. Also love Willow's attitude. *VBG* Keep it up & I can't wait for more!
Review By [LisaZ
] • Date [8 Jun 04] • Rating [10 out of 10]
Review of chapter "Thank you" from blackfire
ohh nifty. the beginnings of a plan. a plan that involved illryia too. *giggles madly*
have i mentioned that i love this? i do.
Review By [blackfire
] • Date [30 May 04] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Fast Car" from Stacia
I can't quite decide what to say about this one. I think the story is well-written, and it's definitely original (always a plus). However, like some of the other reviewers, there were numerous points where I thought 'Huh?' I felt Willow and Methos were both out of character. Willow was a bit of a Willow-Sue with her sudden mastery of the sword, and I didn't buy her willingness to kill Adam. Why didn't she just kick him out of the apartment? What was stopping her? Methos had me scratching my head as well. I'm hesitant to question anyone's characterization of him because Highlander only explored a tiny bit of him. Nevertheless, I thought that your version of Adam was curious. The series showed his propensity to run when faced with danger or exposure. He needed a reason to stay (his friendship with MacLeod, for example). I don't mind if characters act in unexpected ways, as long as there's a reason. I don't understand why he would subject himself to the danger of living with a 'powerful and mightily pissed-off witch.'
There were a few other points that bothered me, but I don't want to seem too negative. I think the premise of the story is interesting, I just wish there was more context that would explain why the characters are acting the way they are.
Review By [Stacia
] • Date [30 May 04] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Tiny Dancer" from Leona
I like the story so far. This AU bends little things out of shape, but keeps the characters intact as a whole. If I want canon, I'll go somewhere else for fan fic. Can't wait to see where you go with the St. Louis group.
Review By [Leona
] • Date [30 May 04] • Rating [10 out of 10]
Review of chapter "The Way It Is" from raven
I love the way that this plot is competely different from most BTVS/H and BTVS/AB crosses. It is well written and for the most part, in character. My problems stem from this:
1) Adam's bartab is a long running joke-so much so that the few times he has offered to pay it, Joe has commented that it would pay off his mortgage. I cannot believe that Willow can't make enough to pay for new mattresses but she can pay for his bar tab.
2) Why is Willow paying both their ways and they are still struggling for money? Even basic computer entry jobs earn 35+ and that's without a degree. With her experience, she should be making much more as a troubleshooter-especially in the land of Microsoft. Also-Kennedy is a trust fund baby-she should use it.
3) Adam had an apartment in Seacouver at one point. Occasionally he stayed with Anne or Joe. Before and after the apartment, he slept on MacCleod's couch. Again-a long running joke of the series.
4) By the last season Willow and Giles aired out their dirty laundry-including their ignoring each others needs/problems. To back slide so soon after the coven trip is rather OC.
5) Adam is the ultimate survivor-think back to when Gina and Robert got remarried and he "won" Mac's barge-he milked that for all he could, and gave it back when Mac's patience was running out. He would not have stayed to the point his head was in danger-and certainly not in danger from a witch. Remember Cassandra-he has a healthy respect for witches, and to an extent, fears their power.
6) Where was Duncan for all this? Richie talk to the old guy? That's Mac's favorite hobby! I may have missed it, but in the world of highlander, almost anyone other than Richie would be able to speak to Adam.
7) How are you melding the slayer world with that of Anita Blake? Are all the new slayers on hellmouths? If not, are there excessive arrests for illegal slaying? What about demons in general? There are rampant differences in the two story lines-and no reconcilliation thus far to those differences. Nor is there a reconcilliation with the extensive Slayer demons and almost total lack of demons in Highlander (Ahriman withstanding).
I tried to point out what I felt were the biggest holes. While I enjoyed the first two parts and am thanking every diety you can imagine that it is not a cookie cutter story, there are little bits and pieces that are dragging down a good story and keeping it from being great. I would love to see a re-write or future chapters address some of these holes. Again-excellent idea.
Review By [raven
] • Date [16 May 04] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Fast Car" from dulcinea
good use of the song! I like.
Review By [dulcinea
] • Date [14 May 04] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Fast Car" from Candle
You're a talented writer. I loved what you did with Adam and can't wait to see what you do with the Anita Blake world.
Review By [Candle
] • Date [14 May 04] • Rating [9 out of 10]
Review of chapter "Fast Car" from Ladegard
I find I've got to agree with Akyre on this one. You're writing is pretty good technically, something I can't say about a lot of folks, but the plot really doesn't hang together.
Review By [Ladegard
] • Date [14 May 04] • Rating [3 out of 10]
Review of chapter "Fast Car" from Jinky
Very interesting story. Can't wait to see where you're going with it.
Review By [Jinky
] • Date [14 May 04] • Rating [10 out of 10]
Review of chapter "Fast Car" from RemyDesire
I don't see Joe as the kind of guy who would go to Willow and Kennedy to pay off "Adam's" tab. I think if he really needed that tab paid, he'd go straight to the old guy.
Adam wouldn't have given away all the cards to his fighting style and he probably wouldn't have taken on the job in the first place. Though the drinking and the depression is believable, depending on where in the timeline you're working from, I don't think he would be so cold-hearted as to take from their meager savings. He's the oldest Immortal. Surely he has some money saved up over the millenia?
And why sleep at their place when he usually sleeps on MacLeod's couch? And his first priority is survival. Why would he fight to stay in a small apartment where he was hated? He wouldn't underestimate a witch or any student of his.
I'm sorry if this sounds really mean and harsh but it feels like you've never seen a Highlander episode and only read of it in relations to a crossover. If that was the wrong assumption, again, I'm really sorry.
Review By [RemyDesire
] • Date [13 May 04] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Fast Car" from VillageOrchid
While I personally did not like the outcome of the story-- I felt it was in-character and plausible. We don't find out if Giles is immortal or has just stumbled on to another branch of Watchers (as his council was out of the UK and the other organization was much more eurocentric in its administration). And that really works. Adam as a depressed moucher also works. The fact that he didn't pay attention to his housemates and took their petty cash... well I guess that was one deep depression. I'd like to see a version of the story where they work it out. It doesn't have to become a 3-way NC-17 love story for it work out. Giles, who has failed Willow in the past by not taking enough responsibility for his role as an authority figure in her life, may have also been not paying enough attention -- in character -- to help lead to this "bad" outcome.
Review By [VillageOrchid
] • Date [13 May 04] • Rating [8 out of 10]
Review of chapter "Fast Car" from charliesgyrl
This is just so original, I love it! Great work :) Please, more, soon? :) It's nice too see a different take on Willow and Adam interactions.
Review By [charliesgyrl
] • Date [13 May 04] • Rating [10 out of 10]