Weight of the World, SPN
The challenge is:
• Supernatural Crossover
When Connor leaves LA after his Father kicks him out he runs for a long time. Finally 9 months after he had left he rips his way into a new world. One where demons and monsters are not the same as what he knew of Earth but some are similar to what he experienced in Quor-Toth (which had a mixture of demons). Settling in Windom, Minnesota next door to Kate Milligan and her son, Adam, he builds a life as a gardener and home help for those in his neighbourhood. He builds a close relationship with Kate and Adam and when disaster strikes and Kate has a heart attack which kills her, Adam is placed in Connor’s care, as instructed in Kate’s will. However, when the Winchester’s blow into town five years later when Adam is 16 things get brought to light for both Connor and Adam.
Starts when Adam is a child around 7-9 I would say but this is up to the author. Connor will turn 20 in his first year in Windom, meaning when the Winchester’s do arrive Connor is roughly about 25 or older.
John is alive- this could be an AU of the plotline and John lived in 2.01 or it could be set before Season 1 of SPN. If it was AU then Adam’s age might not have to be adapted too much.
Since Connor has being around for a large portion of Adam’s life- when his mother was alive and after- he views Connor as a Father figure.
• Connor being openly gay or bisexual and often receiving some kind of hate from the community when they found this out
• Adam calling Connor Dad at times
• Connor having a dog or cat which he named Skittles or Tuna
• Adam having a stuffed Elephant which Connor bought for his the first Christmas he celebrated (ever) with Kate and Adam
• Connor somehow being involved in hunts- whether by research or anonymous tips or trips to hunts before returning home. This may mean that Adam has a basic knowledge of the supernatural. This is up to the author.
• For Pamela knowing about Adam and being Connor’s contact in the supernatural world if Connor does have an involvement in hunts- she helps them keep their involvement a secret
This wonderful picture was made by dollerformyname
. Its beautiful!
Lyrics from the song Weight of the World by Blue October:
"When the weight of all the world's gone wrong.
It's gone wrong again.
Gone fucking wrong.
It's gone wrong again.
Well liars they leave a guilty trail.
And let me tell you something people,
I've been lying for fucking years."
Disclaimer: Angel belongs to Joss Whedon and Supernatural to Eric Kripke. I also own no lyrics by Blue October.