JK Rowling still owns the Harry Potter world.
A/N: Alright, total self pimpage about to happen here. You guys know that the COA's are going on right now, right? Well, start voting! This is *the* awards show that we've been waiting for, and I for one, and my fragile ego can't wait to see what'll happen. Now, I'm not telling you to vote for me
, but I am
telling you to vote! Go, nominate my pretties! And read, read, read!!!
+++++Ten things that Neville Longbottom knows about his loved ones.
1) He knows that change is coming. People are coming back in droves, people that his friends had said goodbye to. Had let go of. These people will bring tumult, chaos- they will be the unfolding to his best friends’ peace. But they may be the ones to bring them happiness.
2) That the Savior of the Wizarding World is indescribably lonely. That Harry has surrounded himself with friends and acquaintances for so long, he’s forgotten how it is to be loved.
3) That Hermione Granger was together with Theodore Nott for at least a year during the war. That they had been happy together, despite their intrinsically different temperaments and absolutely identical outlooks on life.
Two book lovers, two fighters, two planners.
Neville was there when Hermione discovered that it was possible to not feel completely out her element with a boy, and a Slytherin to boot. He was there when she saw Nott and he saw her in return. He saw the happiness blossom on her face when Nott gave her the rare book on Transfiguration that he had probably pilfered from his family library.
And the year after Nott left the country, Neville was probably the only one that knew the reason for Hermione’s depression. Her lack of faith in the world, her lack of belief that tomorrow would be a better day.
4) That Ronald Weasley is almost suicidal from the years of being overlooked in his best friends’ shadows. He’s been the sidekick for so long that he’s forgotten what it’s like to be appreciated on his own merits. He’s forgotten that he’s the best strategist in the Department, that he’s never lost a chess game and that his battle plans had won many a fight during the war. He’s forgotten what it’s like to be Ron
5) That Ginny Thomas is ready to feel alive again. She has been a widow for the last three years, a time full of grey shadows and filmy regrets. But slowly and surely, Ginny’s starting to see the world’s colors, to hear her daughter’s laughter, to feel the joy of sunshine on her face.
Ginny’s laughter often times brings more attention to Lav’s shop that necessary. That her smile, her sparkling eyes and beautiful soul are already attracting attention.
6) That Oliver Wood is really
looking forward to the return of his childhood rival. That Oliver has been waiting for Marcus to come back for the last five years.
7) He knows Rolf Scamander.
The naturalist has been by to see Neville’s Mimbletus Mimbletonia samples imported from Sub-Saharan Africa. They had a lovely day where they discussed the many different intersections between their two disciplines, drank half a bottle of Firewhiskey that Faith had placed covertly in Neville’s greenhouse and played many a game of Exploding Snap.
In short, Rolf has become a friend.
Neville has seen Rolf’s eyes when Luna ran down from the castle and knocked joyfully on his door. This was the day when they secured the funding for Crooked Events and Planning, and Luna hadn’t bothered putting on shoes before she ran down to tell her old friend the news. Her cheeks had been flushed, her hair wild and her eyes sparkling- and Rolf hadn’t been able to take his eyes off her.
This was a year ago and Rolf still asks about Luna.
8) Neville knows that Gran Longbottom is not long for this world. This thought fills him with indescribable sorrow and he feels lonely that his oldest friend and relative will soon leave him.
Faith doesn’t even like thinking about it. She and ‘Alice’ get along splendidly, something about two loud, ballsy women who care more for him than they should. They love spending time together and Neville can’t count the number of times that he’s walked in to see his wife laying down with her head on his grandmother’s lap. Gran softly stroking Faith’s long hair while she tells the older women wild tales of Unspeakable debauchery.
Neville suspects that Faith has broken many an Unbreakable Vow for his grandmother.
9) Neville doesn’t know this, but he suspects that Draco Malfoy is in love with Harry Potter. And he hopes for all their sakes that Harry can realize it before it’s too late and Draco’s love burns itself from the inside out.
10) That Pansy possibly has more balls than most men in their company. This is something that she shares in common with Neville’s wife and this is something that allows them to be so close.
Pansy is possibly the loudest, brashest witch that Neville has ever known. She’s vulgar, swears like a sailor on three day leave, has as many flings as she can, smokes, drinks, has engaged in many a fist fight (and Neville suspects that his wife was right there next to her during most of them, throwing punches with her customary glee).
Pansy also has a kind heart, a deeply hidden maternal streak, loyalty and love for her friends. She’s taken care of Malfoy numerous times after his hexes had backfired on him, she’s healed Zabini’s broken bones and even helped Neville fix his wife after particularly treacherous missions.
Pansy is a good person.
Neville knows how lucky he is to be able to call such strong, fascinating and endlessly loveable people his friends. And he thanks God every night for giving him these connections