Review of chapter "His Normal" from Toniboo
hey i know that its been nearly 2 years but i was kinda hoping that you are planning to update this fic? the new batman film is out lyk next week and i would truely love to see or rather read more of this fic. also i'm sick, an update would totally make me feel better lol. anyway thanks for the fic in general and here's to hoping you continue with it
Review By [Toniboo
] • Date [14 Jul 12] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "His Normal" from exiled
I just reread this story and I still love it. Thank you for writing it.
Review By [exiled
] • Date [10 Jun 12] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "His Normal" from bradsan
Do you think you will update any of your stories again. Do you have a writers block or did you stop writing. Do tell. I would hate it when you stopped writing but knowing is better than looking and waiting for an update.
Review By [bradsan
] • Date [10 Jun 12] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "His Normal" from mooncowthree
Well, I was going to leave a review, but you keep saying reviews are like candy, and I wouldn't want your muse to get cavities, so...
Okay, I knew going in this was unfinished, did you have to leave it here?!? I want to see Buffy in a batsuit, a pink one! I love what you did with this story. I have to say your best writing is your Dawn/Buffy relationship. It really seems to be the relationship that could have been if Joss didn't have a morbid obsession with making all his characters miserable. I love how you balance their close friendship with Buffy's still evident responsibility. (When I read your line "She's only sixteen, this kind of thing shouldn't keep happening to her" I twisted it in my mind to be "She's sixteen, why is this kind of thing still happening to her?" With the obvious answer being that it's Tuesday of course!)
I like the buffy/bruce relationship, there are some great moments, Buffy and Alfred at the top.
Review By [mooncowthree
] • Date [28 May 12] • Rating [10 out of 10]
Review of chapter "His Normal" from JessRS
Okay, I just finished what you’ve had posted for this story. And while I’m not at all happy that so many little cliff-hangers have been left hanging so long, I have to say you’ve done a FANTASTIC job so far.
I had two gripes with your story.
The first one was something you warned us about early-on: no Superman, etc. As I already conceded, you did warn us, and I decided to keep reading anyway. But I’m very, very partial to Justice League—and since they already have a Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern they really COULD make a Justice League movie! The just need Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl. But I digress…
My second grip was also something you apologized for a few times: your grammar was a bit wonky every now and then. And sometimes it made it in the dialog, too.
I don’t know if you have a beta reader for this fic—I don’t remember you mentioning one—but I’d be delighted to help if you decide to keep going with this. Whether its proof reading or brainstorming, let me know if you want any help at all. You can contact me at my AOL email: Jess6935. (I’m not writing the whole thing out because it usually doesn’t come up in reviews.)
If you don’t want to bother with a beta reader, I understand, but I will give you this little bit of advice: Read your writing OUT LOUD. It’s the easiest way to see if something sounds right. If it doesn’t sound right, there’s something wrong and it has to be changed. It’s a must for dialog especially: always remember that dialog is people TALKING. It should sound NATURAL. If you don’t want to read through whole chapters by yourself (as it can be tiring), you might want to look into getting a Kindle or something similar. I have a Kindle, and I use its read-aloud feature all the time. The robotic voice takes a little getting used to, but it still really helps with editing my writing.
Okay, I’m done there. Back to your fic.
GREAT job with the Bruce/Buffy relationship. I loved every minute of it. Bruce being nervous around Buffy at first kind of threw me to start with, but as I thought back on the movies, I guess it really is in-character for him. Though I wasn’t sure if this was supposed to be while in between Batman Begins and Dark Knight, with Rachel still around, or if you just had essentially decided to write her out. My main point of confusion there was that Gotham was (mostly) pro-Batman, at least so far as Commissioner Gordon summoning him and the Bat Signal being in use.
Some of my favorite moments were (not necessarily ranked in this order):
(1) Everyone thinking Batman RESCUED Buffy, and her poor reaction to that particular word. It seemed very in-character to me. And hilarious.
(2) Batgirl=Buffy=The Slayer. That was fascinating. And the ‘artist rendition of Buffy’ was very, very amusing.
(3) When Buffy tried to take Batman’s mask off and got zapped. (The quips and fighting before that were great too.)
(4) When Commissioner Gordon tried to make Batman and Buffy get along. I was almost crying I was laughing so hard through some of that. I also liked your Commissioner Gordon (a lot), and your use of him. Very well done.
(4) Bruce finding out about the supernatural via saving Dawn, etc. THAT whole set of scenes was FANTASTIC.
(5) The Batman=Bruce reveal via Alfred. It made me blink, but then I decided it was beautiful. It fits particularly well if you consider how Rachel reacted to the revelation. And having it happen while Dawn was in danger, so the two heroes had to focus on something else—and thereby giving Buffy time to think about something else and not start bitching at him, was wonderful. Then her seeing Batman/Bruce get shot to make her worry about him even as Dawn was edging away from him… Excellent job there.
(6) Buffy waking up to Alfred greeting her with breakfast in bed. ROTFLOL.
(7) Buffy going out with billionaire-playboy-Bruce. The whole date was wonderful to read.
(8) Bruce being protective of Buffy around Vicki Vale. It means she’s going to be in the paper the next day; but with or without her name?
(9) Buffy getting a Batsuit. I can’t see her wanting it in pink, but the reference to the earlier drawing of ‘Batgirl’ made me crack up.
Some things I have questions about:
(1) I’m not sure where you’re going with the Penguin and Buffy’s sort-of-friendship with ‘Ozzy,’ plus her friendship with her boss, Melissa. I honestly kept waiting to find out the Penguin was more connected to the demons than he actually was…but now that they seem to be history I’m not sure where you’ll be going with that.
(2) Alfred’s reaction to Buffy in the tunnel. When you had him react to her pulling out a stake, it made me wonder if you were going to say he had history with the Watchers, or at least had prior knowledge of them (and The Slayer) through the prior-military experience you were hinting at.
(3) Where was Bruce when Commissioner Gordon was in trouble? If he’d gone away to do something, wouldn’t Alfred know where he was? Of at least have some idea? Though his reaction when he got back, to Buffy being in danger again, was cute.
(4) And most of all: WHEN WILL THERE BE MORE?!?!?!
…Okay, I may have gone overboard here. But I don’t tend to review stories as I go through them, unless I’m reading them as they get updated. So I had a lot to cover.
As I mentioned before, if you’d like any help at all with this, please contact me (Jess6935 at AOL).
Please update soon. Or start bouncing ideas off me soon?
Either way, I look forward to (hopefully) seeing more of this wonderful fan fic.
Thanks for all the hard work you’ve put into it already, and PLEASE keep writing!
Review By [JessRS
] • Date [24 May 12] • Rating [10 out of 10]
Review of chapter "His Normal" from vorellaraek
This really is excellent - well written, well thought out, and frequently hilarious. Basically, it is far too good to be left here. Hope you update soon.
Review By [vorellaraek
] • Date [23 May 12] • Rating [10 out of 10]
Review of chapter "His Normal" from Romanak
I'd like to add my voice to all the others who wish you'd update. It's a great story. Hoping RL allows you to continue.
Review By [Romanak
] • Date [20 May 12] • Rating [10 out of 10]
Review of chapter "His Normal" from bradsan
Gosh I really wish you would update.
And a pink suit the vamps and demons are gone love that. they would spot her from afar. "LOL"
I read this story four times from the beginning till your last update and still love it.
Review By [bradsan
] • Date [11 May 12] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "His Normal" from starwolf
well I finished through ch. 39. you have a solid story here, I have very much enjoyed it and look forward to the next chapter.
Review By [starwolf
] • Date [7 May 12] • Rating [8 out of 10]
Review of chapter "His Normal" from Callista
Hi, I just reread your amazing story, and I can't help but wish for another chapter... Please? Buffy and Bruce are too cute together to stop writing...
Review By [Callista
] • Date [2 May 12] • Rating [10 out of 10]
Review of chapter "His Normal" from ConstanceTruggle
I know it's been a while, but I'm still hoping to see this updated. So, just letting you know it's still being read and loved.
Review By [ConstanceTruggle
] • Date [29 Apr 12] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "His Normal" from greysh
Lovely fic :) Very nice realtionship you're building between buffy and bruce. I like the pairing. they are good together as slayer and batman too.
Please please please continue with this wonderfull crossover!!!
Review By [greysh
] • Date [16 Feb 12] • Rating [8 out of 10]
Review of chapter "His Normal" from Evie
I've followed this story since you first started posting it and it is still one of my all time favorites. I was seriously sad that you went on hiatus right when things were getting sooo good... but I understand that Real Life happens, writer's block can occur, a meteor can plummet from space and crush you computer and your typing hand... all valid reasons :)
I really hope you haven't given up on this story. There is only so long a person can go without
Review By [Evie
] • Date [3 Feb 12] • Rating [10 out of 10]
Review of chapter "His Normal" from Markelo
Buffy in pink armor made me think of the Pink Rangers from Power Rangers! LOL
Review By [Markelo
] • Date [5 Jan 12] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "His Normal" from AnneLilian
You know what would be really fun to read? Bruce's POV for this story, I mean, there's his time in Berlin where nobody really knows what he was doing, aside from the fact that he rearranged some mobsters' faces and there's the whole, "I'm Bruce Wayne and I've seen what you can do, but I can't show it, because you'd figure out that I'm batman" and stuff... I'd really be interested to read a fanfic about how he sees it all...
Review By [AnneLilian
] • Date [3 Jan 12] • Not Rated